The Commission Process
- Contact me
- Send me photos, preferably as email attachments. Snail mail is acceptable but please no originals, since photos will not be returned. I am happy to help you choose a photo that will best translate into a painted portrait. Sometimes the most unexpected photos make for the best paintings.
- When possible, I truly enjoy the opportunity to meet the dogs I paint. Scheduling a photo shoot is an option if you live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. There is no extra charge for local photo shoots. Travel per diem required outside 20-mile radius of Minneapolis, MN.
- 50% nonrefundable deposit due. If definite size and/or dimensions have not yet been decided on, approximate payment must still be made to hold your place on the waiting list. Your place will not be held until a deposit is made. If a photo shoot is scheduled, your deposit will be due at that time. I accept cash, check, money order, or PayPal (includes credit card option).
- Once the details have been agreed upon, a basic Fine Arts Commission Contract must be signed (two copies--one for each of us).
- I will begin your painting as soon as possible. I am usually booked out over a year. Please know that I will do my best to accommodate your needs.
- Remaining amount of commission due once the painting is completed. Full payment (+ shipping, if applicable) required before delivery. I usually ship via USPS, UPS, or FedEx.
- Hang your new painting for you and your pet to enjoy!
Note: It is not necessary to decide on the exact dimensions of the painting since it is often best to let the photo do some of the deciding. However, if you know an approximate size or price range that you would like to stay within, I am happy to work with you to come up with something that fits your wallet, your walls, AND your pet!